Last Christmas….

I don’t want to harp on about how much I love George Michael or how lovely he was on X Factor singing with Joe McElderry or how his singing voice is ultimately the best male vocal we have in the UK and probably globally.

But lets not forget that he has written the most amazing songs including the one that we will hear most at this time of year – Last Christmas. How many memories does that song bring back?  I heard today that it is the most played Christmas song in the last 5 years –  which only goes to prove how magical it still is!

Aside from it being by George Michael – its undeniable that the song is one of most feel good, dreamful Christmas songs and you can be sure it is officially Christmas when you hear it playing.

Even more brilliant is that George wrote it at the age of 20, allegedly whilst Andrew Ridgeley watched Match Of The Day.  I knew that programme was invented for some reason…

Last Christmas

Share:

8 Comments

1. December 17, 2009 / 10:50 am

Love it! Love it! Love this blog! 1984; what memories this brings flooding back. Slow dancing at the school parties, spotty faces, cider breath, and sloppy wet kisses and thinking how sophisticated we were. AND even more so, how sophisticated London life (although this video was in a chalet) seemed for a provincial boy in Somerset. Oh well, you live and learn… LOL ;-) x

2. December 17, 2009 / 10:50 am

3. December 17, 2009 / 8:57 pm

No you never harp on about George Michael – lets see what 2010 brings :) xx

4. December 17, 2009 / 8:57 pm

No you never harp on about George Michael – lets see what 2010 brings :) xx

5. December 22, 2010 / 11:56 am

BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER! Fact.

6. December 22, 2010 / 11:56 am

BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER! Fact.

7. December 27, 2010 / 7:22 pm

I gave my heart away too many times in 2010. So this year (2011) I really am 'saving it for someone special'.

8. December 27, 2010 / 7:22 pm